Monday, August 13, 2007

Dianetics -- 57 Years Old But Reads Like it was Written Yesterday

Of course we all know how fast things change nowadays.

So it really struck me, yesterday, how interesting it is that L. Ron Hubbard wrote Dianetics 57 years ago, because it still resonates so much with what's going on it the world today.

I guess that stands reason, though, because his research and discovery were designed to encompasses life. And even though there have been lots of technological changes, the basics of life haven't changed. We may think we're a lot more liberated, more sophisticated and savvy. But when you fight with your partner, or someone cheats on you, when a kid feels abandoned by his parents, when teachers are authoritarian and unfair, when your boss acts like a creep-- these things are still with us. And if you haven't run into this and don't get bummed out by it, then maybe you're too numb to notice.

I went to the event about a month ago where David Miscavige described the release of new editions of all the basic books, and translated versions in 16 languages, but it wasn't until I started reading them myself that I realized the magnitude of the job they did.

These books are really beautiful, so much easier to read and the glossaries are amazing -- makes them so easy to read.

I'm reading Dianetics and I am getting much more out of it this time than the last time I read it.

These new editions are the best. You can order them online here:


Happiness and strength endure only in the absence of hate. To hate alone is the road to disaster. To love is the road to strength. To love in spite of all is the secret of greatness. And may very well be the greatest secret in this universe.~~L. Ron Hubbard, founder of theScientology relgion

No comments: